"Blitz Bread", adapted ever so slightly :-)
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (plus additional for drizzling)
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1 cup cheese (shaved, grated or crumbled)
1) Lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan, and drizzle 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil in the bottom.
2) Combine all of the ingredients, and beat at high speed with an electric mixer for 60 seconds. Then add cheese and mix until blended in. (You could also make without cheese. I guess.)
3) Scoop the sticky batter into the prepared pan, cover the pan, and let it rise at room temperature for 60 minutes, till it's become puffy. Our microwave is big enough to hold a 9x13 pan so I just put the whole pan in there to rise with the door closed - works great.
4) While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 375°F.
5) Gently poke the dough all over with your fingers.
6) Drizzle it lightly with olive oil, and sprinkle with pizza seasoning, and/or the dried herbs of your choice, if desired - I just used cracked pepper.
7) Bake the bread till it's golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
8) Remove it from the oven, wait 5 minutes, then turn it out of the pan onto a rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.