Whew - I'm very happy indeed to see the month turn on the calendar and April finally arrive. Welcome April, please leave us all healthier and happier than March did!
So here's my Easter mini, one of Rachel's projects from the curves class. I love the way this springy little Drunkard's Path turned out but I can tell you that I do not have the patience to make a bigger quilt out of those - too fussy. But this little guy looks just right in the spring/Easter cupboard. My small assistant helped me pick out the blue gingham for the border and she's referring to this as "mine" so I'm not sure how long it'll actually stay hung.
Here's the cupboard in all it's glory - loads of pink this month. I love the patchwork and chenille eggs, they were purchased at a local flea market (Lakewood, gone but still missed).
A close up of the new mini and all it's bunny and fuzzy accompaniments. The bunny came from Target several years ago and the felt bunny from an etsy seller who doesn't seem to be selling anything anymore (sorry).
Sign and egg wreath also from Target, just last year. Softies on the bottom shelf bought on ebay so many years ago I'm not even sure how many :-)
And finally, one of our finest decisions as parents so far was to dress our darling up in highly entertaining (to us) outfits for almost every holiday for her first year of life. I seriously doubt we'll ever have so much influence in her dress ever again. We did it up right and I love looking at those photos more every year. I know if you have kids you understand and if you don't yet, trust me when I say, get those silly shots while you can!
Finally, Debbie over at A Quilter's Table tagged me a few weeks ago with some fun questions and I thought I'd take a minute to answer them, so here goes:
1. What is your favorite color to use in quilting? GREEN! It's my favorite color to use in pretty much everything :-)
2. Where would you like to visit in the U.S. that you've never been before? Seattle.
3. How old is the car you drive most? 2006 Mazda 5 and I LOVE it. Some of that love probably comes from the fact that it's paid off ;-)
4. What's the last movie you saw and would you recommend it? Saw the Hunger Games and sadly would NOT recommend it, such a bummer after such amazing books. I don't get to the movies as often as I'd like to, when we have babysitting the hubs and I usually go for a meal rather than a movie.
5. What makes a day great? Sleeping in, a kid in a good mood, time to sew - it's the little things!
6. What is your favorite snack? Right now I'm loving the fake Jamocha shakes my husband has been making us, not so good for my waistline but YUM!!
7. Besides quilting, do you have other hobbies? Baking and reading. Can you call avoiding exercise a hobby? If so then that too.
8. What is your least favorite household chore? Can I just make it easy and say ALL?! No, really I think it's the vacuum. I hate the noise, silly right?
9. Where would you live if you could? If all my immediate family wasn't in the South I think I'd really enjoy the pacific northwest. I'm a fall/winter girl and gray, rainy days make for lots of perfect sewing/baking/reading days :-)
10. What is your favorite quilt you've made? The really simple but gorgeous AMH quilt based on Erin's picnic blanket tutorial over at House on Hill Road. I had it quilted by a local long-arm quilter and I absolutely love it! We have it on the back of the couch for TV snuggling and it works great. A good lesson for me that using is better than hoarding for the "right" project :-)
11. What's your "wake up" beverage of choice? I am NOT a coffee drinker (much to my husband and BFF's dismay) so I usually start my day with a Coke. As in Coca Cola. Sometimes with a Chik-fil-A biscuit. That sweet and salty thing totally works for me.
Thanks Debbie for the fun questions!